What is Lineage Os?
Lineage OS is an Open Source Operating System for Mobiles and Tables which is developed based on Android Source. Previous it was well know as CyanogenMod,which was discontinued in 2016 . this is actually a forked version of it.
- ADB and Fastboot should be enabled in your pc
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Unlock Bootloader
Unlocking the Bootloader
- Go to Settings → Tap on Build number 7-8 times
- This will make developers options available inside Settings
- Now, if you have OEM unlock toggle available in your developer’s options then you are lucky because it depends on variants
- You can one-tab unlock the bootloader (OEM unlock) on your Samsung S6 Edge
- Tapping over blue toggle sign will unlock bootloader not all Samsung smartphones will have it
Instructions to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Samsung S6
NOTE: this is something which will void your warranty and of course if you do not do it properly it will mess up your phone so please do it on your own risk if you really want to have a different flavor from others.
- Download the ROM and GApps zip files for the links Below.
- Next, connect your Samsung S6 device to the PC.
- Swipe down the notification bar and tap on the USB notification. Then select ‘File Transfer’.
- Copy the downloaded files to the phone’s internal storage.
- Disconnect the phone and power it down completely.
- Boot into TWRP recovery – Press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power button altogether.
- In TWRP, go to the ‘Wipe’ menu and tap on ‘Advanced Wipe’. Select the partitions as shown in the image below.
- Then swipe the ‘Swipe to Wipe’ button.
- Once your Samsung S6 has been wiped, go back to the TWRP main screen.
- Press the ‘Install’ button. Then navigate to the location where you had transferred the files.
- Select the ROM zip (check on the date for the latest build and also the type wehter its stable of nightly build).
- Tap on ‘Add more Zips’ button and select the GApps file this time.
- Finally, swipe the button on the screen to install LineageOS 14.1 on Samsung S6.
- The flashing process might take a minute or so. Once it is complete, hit the ‘Reboot System’ button.
in Google Apps Select ARM64 Platform and Android 7.1 and choose how much google apps you want.
Credits: Lineage OS Team
Image : pixabay